Recap / Kim Possible S 2 E 26 Mothers Day
It's Mother's Day, and Kim, Ron and Wade all make a point to spend time with their moms—Mr. Possible wants Anne and Kim to spend the day together "no matter what," especially since it's been awhile the last time they've spent quality mother-daughter time together. While Kim's spending the day with her mom, Ron's forced by his own mom to clean out their family's garage and Wade's pampering his mother for the day. Also, Drakken's mother comes to visit him for Mother's Day, and Drakken explains to Shego that his mom doesn't know that he's a supervillain and thinks that he's a radio talk show doctor, so he has to try and keep his life as an international supervillain a secret from her.
While Kim and Mrs. Possible decide what to do next in their mother-daughter bonding day after Kim helps her mom with a brain-surgery procedure, Wade calls Kim and tells her that Drakken's trying to steal a batch of Syntho-Plasma. Since Ron's unavailable to help Kim like he normally would, and since Ann and Kim promised each other that they'd spend the day together
—no matter what
—Ann decides to act as Kim's sidekick on the mission. Kim, naturally, is reluctant to that idea, not wanting to put her mom in any kind of danger, but ultimately agrees to let Anne act as her sidekick this one time.
Despite a few bumps in the road—one of which was where the syntho-plasma accidentally gets exposed to air and becomes a nonstop-eating monster—Kim and her mom manage to stop Drakken and Shego's scheme and Anne even saves her daughter from getting eaten by the blob monster. After Anne saves Kim, they admit that while it wasn't the way they originally thought they'd spend the day together, they managed to spend it together, no matter what
At the very end of the episode, Kim and Ron return the syntho-plasma blob monster to the scientists after they have it clean out the Stoppable family's garage
This episode contains examples of:
- Chekhov's Skill: Mrs. Possible's knowledge and skills as a neurosurgeon comes in very hand a couple of times during her and Kim's mission to stop Drakken.
- Crazy-Prepared: Mrs. Possible always carries a laser scalpel on her, and it comes in handy when she uses it to cut the ropes that have her and her daughter tied up.
- Defeat by Modesty: Kim's mom also uses the laser scalpel to slice off the clothes of a couple of Drakken's henchmen—they get embarrassed and try covering themselves, but Mrs. Possible assures them that she's a doctor, so she sees that kind of thing on a regular basis.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Drakken obviously loves his mother very much, and he doesn't have the heart to tell her that he's a supervillain—instead, he lied to her by claiming that he's a radio talk show doctor.
- Mum Looks Like A Sister: When Drakken has Kim and her mom tied up, Drakken initially mistakes Anne for Kim's older sister—at first, Mrs. Possible thinks that Drakken's hitting on her, but Kim explains that sidekicks just tend to confuse him.