Recap / Family Guy S 10 E 8 Cool Hand Peter
December 4, 2011
Peter, Quagmire, Cleveland, and Joe go on a road trip down South, but get arrested in the process. Meanwhile, with Peter gone, Lois has a drunken night at home with Bonnie and Donna.
Episode contains examples of:
- Bland-Name Product: After Peter and the guys escape from prison and get hungry thereafter, Peter hopes they pass by a McDaniels or a Burger King, parodies of McDonald's and Burger King respectively. Joe adds that he could really go for a Flame-Broiled Bopper from the latter, a parody of Burger King's Flame-Broiled Whopper.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Quagmire when he mentions that they're on TV.
- The Bus Came Back: Cleveland returns from Stoolbend note to go on a road trip with the guys.
- Lampshade Hanging: After Peter, Quagmire, Joe, and Cleveland realize they're going to jail, the show's habit of ripping off The Simpsons is lampshaded in a Cutaway Gag where the guys are shown in court and their trial consists of numerous Simpsons characters. Peter views them as a jury of their peers, but Joe points out that they don't see it that way.
- Out of Focus: Stewie only has two lines total, one of which is in gibberish. Chris and Meg only appear towards the end and laugh but have no lines.
- Whole Plot Reference: To Cool Hand Luke.