Why Some Designers Are Hesitant To Do Playtesting?
- They don't feel like their work is ready to be shown yet
- They might think that the players don't understand their work
- They might think that players would only give them feedback that they already knew
- Showing their work to other people is tough
Major Challanges In Playtesting
- Bias for their game
- Hesitation of starting the playtest as soon as possible
How To Playtest
- Elaborate to the players as little as possible
- Observe and Listen the players actions
- Create a test survey, a test survey with a score scale with a comment box is especially recommended
- When communicating the players after the playtest is over, find the underlying problem from the problems stated by the players
- Give the players a comfortable environment to playtest
- Playtest as a group
Candidates For Playtest
Outro: The Drugstore Sell Sparks! by Ailsean
- The game designers themselves are "the worst" candidates for playtesting, because they may be biased about their game they created.
- The game designers' family and friends are also not recommended, because they are also biased.
- Hardcore players can be recommended, but beware that they have a lot of game experience to adapt in playtesting
- People who have a moderate liking of games are recommended
- Strangers who never heard about you are highly recommended
- Children are highly recommended, because they are eager, open and honest about your work.