Recap: Death Note Ep 16 Decision
In a foggy forest, Light relinquishes ownership of the Death Note to Rem. At the same time, the investigation team are still not getting anything from Misa. Just then, Light enters the room and begins to confess that he might be Kira unknowingly, so he requested to be confined for 50 days. His father is unhappy about this so he requested to be confined as well.While in confinement, Light says to Ryuk about "get rid of it". This is a signal for him to leave. As he does, Light suddenly has no memory of what he's doing and yells at L that he's not Kira.
Tropes used in this episode:
- Continuity Nod: Light turns back into the way he was from the episode, Rebirth.
- Enemy Within: Light fakes this one.
- Identity Amnesia: When Light loses his memories of being Kira, he's back to the way he was before he got the Death Note: a good person.
- The Kira In Me: This is the line of B.S. Light uses when he admits that he "could" be Kira. "Another me could be killing in my sleep!"
- The Lost Woods: Where Light hides the Death Note.
- Ominous Fog: the forest is dark, foggy, and creepy. Justified according to the manga Light snuck out at four in the morning.
- Spy Speak: "Get rid of it."
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: Invoked Trope when Light decides to bury his Artifact of Doom book in the woods.