Recap: Daria S 1 E 02
After giving Brittany an impromptu tutoring in art, Daria is invited by the head cheerleader to a party, to which she (who is serving as a chaperon for Quinn) and Jane reluctantly attend.
Tropes present in this episode:
- All There in the Script: Sandi. See No Name Given below.
- Cock Fight: The Three J's descend into this by the end of the episode, to Quinn's horror.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Jane is able to get past the security guard by leaving her scrapbook of life drawings (i.e., naked people).
- Ho Yay: When the Three J's are trying to spread rumors about each other, Jeffy says that one of the others is a bad kisser. When Quinn looks at him, he quickly adds that he heard it from a girl.
- Innocently Insensitive: Brittany, of course.Brittany: I promised the other cheerleaders that I wouldn't invite any more really attractive girls.Daria: Now I'm especially flattered.
- Let's Just Be Friends: Quinn says this to the Three J's. Not that it should stop them from taking her places and buying her things, of course. (Don't worry—that continues through the rest of the series.)
- No Name Given: Sandi, Tiffany and the Popular Girl have a fairly important part in this episode, but none of them are named. Sandi was All There in the Script, however.
- One-Scene Wonder: This is the only episode where the Popular Girl speaks, though she's become a bit of an Ensemble Darkhorse in the fandom (where she has the Fan Nickname Tori Jericho).
- One Steve Limit: There are apparently three Tiffanys are Brittany's party, one of whom turns out to be a major recurring character.
- Wild Teen Party: Brittany's party is actually pretty tame, but it's still loud enough that the neighbors call the police.