After giving Brittany an impromptu tutoring in art, Daria is invited by the head cheerleader to a party, to which she (who is serving as a chaperon for Quinn) and Jane reluctantly attend.
This episode provides examples of:
- All There in the Script: Sandi. See No Name Given below.
- Bavarian Fire Drill: When they get bored with the party, Daria and Jane take over the guard house to the neighborhood. They make the residents answer ridiculous personal questions and trivia to gain access.
- Cock Fight: The Three J's descend into this by the end of the episode, to Quinn's horror.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Jane is able to get past the security guard by leaving her scrapbook of life drawings (i.e., naked people).
- Innocently Insensitive: Brittany, of course.Brittany: I promised the other cheerleaders that I wouldn't invite any more really attractive girls.Daria: Now I'm especially flattered.
- Let's Just Be Friends: Quinn says this to the Three J's. Not that it should stop them from taking her places and buying her things, of course. (Don't worry—that continues through the rest of the series.)
- No Name Given: Sandi, Tiffany and the Popular Girl have a fairly important part in this episode, but none of them are named. Sandi was All There in the Script, however.
- One Steve Limit: There are apparently three Tiffanys are Brittany's party, one of whom turns out to be a major recurring character.
- Wild Teen Party: Brittany's party is actually pretty tame, but it's still loud enough that the neighbors call the police.