Recap / Burn Notice S 6 E 6 Shockwave
Michael and Pearce come up with a plan to take down Anson thanks to Rebecca's intel on the location in Atlantic City where Anson will collect his new papers. Unfortunately Sam isn't allowed to go thanks to his patchy record with the CIA. Michael heads off with Jesse, Pearce and Nate but clashes with Nate when he clears some partying teens from the hotel and then orders four pizzas to the room. Michael sends Nate away as he is afraid he will compromise the operation and lose the chance to secure Fi's freedom.
Meanwhile back in Miami Sam ends up trying to protect Barry from some angry weapon dealing enemies of Fi's. After they head out to a client's summer house to get Barry's hidden ledgers, the bad guys catch up to them. Things get pretty desperate and after improvising various weapons they have to blow up the summer home of Barry's client which kills/knocks out the team trying to kill them.
Someone is sent to the room to collect the papers but it turns out to be a woman that Anson is hired and he is at the airport waiting to leave. Only Nate is near so Michael sends him after Anson but warns him to wait for backup. Nate punches Anson and leads him out at gunpoint but before Michael and Pearce can secure Anson, Anson is shot with a high calibre bullet that goes through him and makes a giant hole in Nate. Michael tells Nate to stay with him but its too late.
Michael breaks the news to Madeline who is furious. Fi is released from prison and when she asks what's wrong Michael breaks down.
- The Alcoholic: Sam notes they don't ever waste beer in his family.
- All Men Are Perverts: Certain he's going to die, one of the regrets Barry lists is never having a four-way.
- Continuity Nod:
- Cool Down Hug: Michael gives one to Maddie after informing her of Nate's death. He needs it just as much as she does.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Michael holds Nate's face, as he dies.
- Famous Last Words: "I'm scared."
- Foreshadowing: Anson is certain he'll walk because he knows where a lot of bodies are. That's why Card orchestrated his assassination. Ayn's deal with Fiona also sets up her next appearance.
- Great Escape: Subverted. It's impossible for Fi to break out of the prison, but what she wants is to make it look like she did long enough for the British agents to leave.
- Killed Off for Real: Nate and Anson.
- Nothing Personal: The leader of the team after Sam and Barry initially tells Sam he's got no issue with him and offers to let him walk. That changes after the escalating confrontation.
- Precision F-Strike: "Hey, asshole, Michael Westen says hello."
- Shout-Out: Barry asks a character played by Bruce Campbell how long it will take to get this boomstick ready.
- Single Tear: Nate, as he dies.
- Talk to the Fist: Nate punches Anson while he's on the phone.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Barry is relieved when they pick off one of the gunmen, but Sam is aware they still have three to worry about and that they just pissed them off.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: The pressure of the mission causes Michael to lash out at Nate more than he usually would.
- Wham Episode: Two major characters are killed and Fiona is released from prison.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
- Played for laughs when Sam bemoans that he has to sit out the big mission after slogging through the burn notice business for over five years.
- Played for drama when Michael chastises Nate for his actions and ultimately tells him to leave the motel room.