- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: With ... a waterfall included.
- Anachronism Stew: A "River" is all that separates several timezones of London, Victorian on one end, "Present day on the other" and assumed several others. The Doctor attributes this to "Reenactment chambers."
- Call-Back: The Doctor mentions he was once grabbed by a Sea Devil.
- Classy Cat-Burglar: Spring-Heeled Sophie.
- Continuity Nod: The Doctor mentions the Cult of Mithras.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The Doctor is sentenced to hanging for a parking offence.
- Fighting a Shadow: Sepulchre can create other versions of himself.
- Gallows Humor: The Doctor employs this, and names it, to buy himself some time from an execution.
- It Makes Sense in ContextIt wasn't me... It was me!
- I Was Quite a Fashion Victim: The Doctor mentions he had an awful wardrobe in the past. He doesn't specifically mention which incarnation.
- Other Me Annoys Me: The Doctor mentions his I Was Quite The Fashion Victim but regrets he can't do anything about it because it wasn't him.
- Murder by Cremation: The Doctor and co end up in a Wicker Man. On fire.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Sepulchre really looks like a snake.
Recap / Big Finish Doctor Who NEDAS 2 E 1 Dead London
The Eighth Doctor finds himself being sentenced to death for parking his TARDIS wrong, which rather confuses him. He's even more confused when he's put into a cell with a sassy tightrope-walking thief. Lucie, meanwhile, is stuck in all sorts of versions of London throughout time. The whole thing turns out to be inside a guy's mind, though, and they find their way out by bluffing so hard that it breaks the illusion.