Radar: Tiny Toon Adventures
This is a Warner Bros. cartoon from The Nineties, after all. It has its moments of radar-dodging and those moments should be shared:
- Fowlmouth's entire character; he's a chicken who swears so much every sentence is full of bleeps.
- In "The Looney Beginning" Babs does a Dolly Parton impression, makes her chest grow bigger, then says "I'm a bustin' out all over".
- Margo Mallard, particularly in The Acme Bowl. Did you see the hot tub scene? It's pretty clear what Rodrick means when he reminds Plucky about the "friendly classmates."
- Hamton goes skinny dipping in "The Acme Acres Zone," and when Montana Max steals his overalls he has to get home while naked.
- The (literally) spiked punch (as in, "When Plucky drank it, he had to spit it out because he nearly swallowed an actual railroad spike") in the "Prom-ise Her Anything".
- Before that, he suggested to Shirley that they ditch the prom because "my dad's car is right outside". Shirley responded with: "Right. So's your dad. He drove us, remember?"
- The page image for the main Western Animation branch of Getting Crap Past The Radar is taken from the episode "Animaniacs!". In case you somehow missed it, it's a shot of Daffy Duck reading "Playduck" magazine (and it has an ad for cigarettes on the back). Bugs snatches it from him with an indignant glare... before reading it himself.
- "Citizen Max" has tiny headlines in the spinning papers that read "Judge sells pregnant convict" and "Nuclear Doom—Something to Laugh About."
- Plucky's gonna be an only child.
- The Donner party joke from "Who Bopped Bugs Bunny?". For those who don't know (or fell asleep during history class), The Donner Party was a California Trail wagon train of 81 American pioneers who in 1846 found themselves trapped by snow in the Sierra Nevada. Thirty-six members of the party perished as a result of starvation, exposure, disease, and trauma, and some of the survivors resorted to cannibalism.
- In the Very Special Episode "Why Dizzy Can't Read", one of the TV shows Dizzy watches is an episode of Tiny Toon Adventures where Plucky Duck ends up in a Turkish prison. If you've ever seen the movie Midnight Express, you know that a place like that isn't appropriate to talk about on a kids' show.
- When Buster decides to disguise himself as a female Tasmanian Devil (much like Bugs) in order to trick Dizzy:
Buster: Kids, Don't Try This at Home—your parents might wonder about you.