a Warner Bros. cartoon from The Nineties
, after all. As far as Getting Crap Past the Radar
goes, it is
good, but nowhere near
as outrageous as Animaniacs
. Still, it has its moments and those moments should be shared:
- In The Looney Begininning (the first episode where a human animator tries to come up with a new TV cartoon and creates Buster and Babs Bunny) Babs does a Dolly Parton impression she then makes her chest grow bigger, she then says "I'm a bustin' out all over".
- Margo Mallard, particularly in The Acme Bowl. Did you see the hot tub scene? It's pretty clear what Rodrick means when he reminds Plucky about the "friendly classmates."
- The entirety of "Dating, Acme Acres Style." Among other things, there's Buster's exaggerated reactions to Babs (Babs: "Rule #1, girls: never underestimate the power of spandex."), particularly the second time, where Babs has to douse him in cold water to get him to calm down. There's also a radar-busting-in-general Fifi Le Fume cartoon - in which she calls Calamity (who she's thinks is a skunk) "my reason for puberty" in French.
- The Batman's parody segment of "Inside Plucky Duck" give us a glimpse to Batduck's belt, so the audience can know that this superhero carry this gadgets: Duck-A-Rang, Duck Soup, Duck Cuff and Duck Off.
- The (literally) spiked punch (as in, "When Plucky drank it, he had to spit it out because he nearly swallowed an actual railroad spike") in the "Prom-ise Her Anything"
- The page image for the main Western Animation branch of Getting Crap Past the Radar is taken from this show. In case you somehow missed it, it's a shot of Daffy Duck reading "Playduck" magazine (and it has an ad for cigarettes on the back).
- Plucky's gonna be an only child.