Podcast: The Webcomics Company
- ''"I'll cut that bit out."Zoe Kirk-Robinson
- Zoe Kirk-Robinson, artist and co-writer for All Over The House and The Life of Nob T. Mouse. She is also head writer of The Webcomic Builder;
- James Spence, artist and writer of Dr Sheep And The Aardvark and Girls In Space;
- Luke Healy, writer and artist of Swanny Nook and Pint Size Pixel;
- Luke Surl, writer and artist of Luke Surl, and
- Matt Dyson, the newest member, artist and co-writer of Moo And Keo.
This podcast provides examples of:
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder - James noting that Zoe listing her projects during the intro takes up a sizeable portion of the podcast.
- Berserk Button - Although it is in a decidedly British manner, note Zoe's reaction to the mention of counting your Twitter and Facebook followers.
- Blatant Lies - Count how many times Zoe says she will edit something out of the final cut.
- Catch Phrase - It's early days yet. but three have emerged already:Luke Healy: "So yeah..."Zoe: "There's a comic in that."James: "I'm using Old Skype..."
- Five-Man Band - Although actual roles vary from episode to episode, the overall personalities of the crew follow this pattern reasonably well:The Hero - Luke SurlThe Lancer - MattThe Smart Guy - Luke HealyThe Big Guy - James Spence James
- Jingle - Re-cuts of the intro are spaced throughout the show as bedding tracks for info dumps.
- Overly Long Gag - When being "badge buddies" turns into a Saturday Morning Cartoon about people who summon a giant fish robot to fight crime.
- Podcast - Well duh.
- Sarcasm Mode - Luke Healy "can't see any possible setbacks" in a plan to upload brains into robotic bodies.
- Shout-Out - Count the number of references to 1980s cartoons.
- Super Hero Origin - Did you hear about The Woman in Armenia who downloaded the Internet into her brain? The intro to Episode 20 explains it all.
- The Teaser - The show regularly provides pre-intro edits about what the team will be talking about.