'''Basic Trope''': A superpower that's too specific to be practical in most situations.
* '''Straight''': The Robed Ranger is a superhero whose main power is the ability to make sad people happy by touch.
* '''Exaggerated''': The Red Ninja has the power to make [[WalkingWasteland natural disasters]]. The Pierced Warrior has the power to manipulate atomic particles to (even) make [[NukeEm atomic blasts]]. And The Robed Ranger can make small kids happy.
* '''Downplayed''': Robed Ranger's powers can only affect people emotions, as opposed to something practical like, say, blasting his way through walls.
* '''Justified''': The goddess that granted the Ranger his powers did so because she wanted to bring more happiness to the world, and perhaps didn't think things through all the way.
** Eventually the trio's adventure leads them to a town that is full of sad citizens, and only [[ThisLooksLikeAJobForAquaman if these citizens were in a better mood]] they could fix their society and eventually change the world into a utopia.
** The Robed Ranger can make anyone do what he wants at anytime, the other two have weak physical powers.
** One of the Ranger's allies laughs at his abilities, and he admits that his powers stem a bit further from that, giving him complete control over people's emotions. He's only holding back because he thinks he's too dangerous.
** LethalHarmlessPowers - As it turns out, making people so deliriously happy they can't move or breathe is really useful!
* '''Double Subverted''':
** He made that up to save face.
** His enemies are well aware of the touch limitation, so under most circumstances they'd have to already be incapacitated for him to touch them in the first place. Alternatively, his powers are not developed enough to give targets anything more than a little buzz, and they will still attack him.
** The Robed Ranger can control minds, emotions and read thoughts. The Red Ninja can produce rainbows. The Pierced Warrior can melt butter. They both think The Robed Ranger has the lamest power.
** Whenever the Robed Ranger tries to use his power, it makes the situation worse, and making [[PsychoForHire Buzzsaw]] happy only makes him really happy about stabbing you.
* '''Zig Zagged''': One of the Ranger's allies laughs at his abilities, and he admits that his powers stem a bit further from that, giving him complete control over people's emotions. He's only holding back because he thinks he's too dangerous. But he made that up to save face. However, making mooks happy is awfully convenient to erase their anger and calmly slit their throats. However, the BigBad replaces his mooks with robots who can't feel. But the power works out anyway because the robots have a human commander.
* '''Averted''': The Ranger's powers are on par with everyone else's.
* '''Enforced''': The Ranger was created to balance the overpowered Ninja and Warrior.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Seriously? Everyone else gets cool powers and I'm stuck with THIS?"
* '''Invoked''': PlotTailoredToTheParty
* '''Exploited''': The Ranger searches opponents whose fighting prowess are fuelled by emotions, which he is able to remove with a single touch.
* '''Defied''': The Ranger [[RefusalOfTheCall refuses]] to gain his powers.
* '''Discussed''': "Hey, come on, buddy, I know they suck, but at least you can learn practical skills."
* '''Conversed''': "There's always that one guy in a group that has a stupid power."
** The Ranger is constantly made fun of by his peers for his useless superpowers. Severely depressed by the abuse (and unable to use his powers on himself), he resigns in shame from superheroism and gets a job as a therapist.
** So you tried to summon [[WesternAnimation/CaptainPlanetAndThePlaneteers the Captain]] without Heart... and he turned out to be a total [[TheSociopath sociopath.]]
** The Ranger helps thousands of people per day with his new job. Far more than The Ninja and The Warrior, who eventually come to seek his help.
** ...Which just shows how important Heart is in the big picture. Heart alone is not that useful either.
What kind of lame trope is WhatKindOfLamePowerIsHeartAnyway, anyway?
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???