: A character is introduced, and dies after a short period of time before any meaningful character development.
- Straight: Private Liam is introduced when he encounters Sergeant Steel, and is promptly gunned down two minutes later.
- Exaggerated:Pvt. Liam first appears while calling out to Sgt. Steel in a hallway. Right as he does that, an Elite Mook drops from the ceiling and impales him gorily.
- Downplayed: Pvt. Liam lasted for about an arc and gained little development before being killed.
- Justified: The Big Bad sees Liam as an eventual threat and want him dead before that happens.
- Inverted: Pvt. Liam kills a character who we've known for a long time.
- Liam introduces himself and is attacked by an Elite Mook. He then turns around and shoots it to death, before resuming the conversation...
- Liam is killed by Steel shortly after introducing himself, but he's resurrected in the next arc.
- Double Subverted:...And then the Elite Mook springs back up and kills him.
- Parodied: Everyone who introduces themselves to Sgt. Steel dies horribly seconds later.
- Zig Zagged: Liam came back from the dead as a ghost as accompanies Steel. Only some characters can see him, though, but otherwise, he is nothing more than a Satellite Character or Living Prop without any character development.
- Averted: Liam never died. Liam is an Invincible Hero and therefore can't die.
- Enforced: The author wants to show how violent and unpredictable war or life in general is, and the random nature of death.
- Lampshaded: At Liam's funeral, someone asks Sgt. Steel, "Wait, who was this guy again?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to We Hardly Knew Ye