: The Hero has been tricked into accomplishing the villain's plans.
- Straight: Alice has been tricked into killing innocent people by Bob.
- Downplayed: Bob tricks Alice into assisting him with theft and/or vandalism, but not murder.
- Justified: Alice had no reason to think that Bob was tricking her. Alternatively, Alice is easy to fool.
- Inverted: Bob is tricked into saving innocents by Alice.
- Alice realizes that Bob is trying to make her kill innocents, so she manages to avoid doing so.
- At first, Alice believed that Bob had used her to kill innocents, but later on, Alice discovers that she killed the wrong people and ended up hindering Bob's plans.
- Double Subverted: Which is exactly what Bob wanted.
- Parodied: Bob tricks Alice into wearing a chess pawn costume while killing innocent people.
- Zig Zagged: Bob tricks Alice into a lot of things, but not even Bob will know if Alice's actions will help or hurt him until later.
- Averted: Bob does not trick Alice.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "How could you, Bob? I didn't want her dead. I just wanted revenge."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Knowing the kind of person Bob is, Alice disobeys him.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
You've just helped me kill thousands of people. Now go back to Unwitting Pawn