: A fight to the death has multiple rounds, despite the fact that one of the people should be dead.
- Straight: Alice and Bob are fighting in a tournament. Alice kills Bob, then they start the next round.
- Exaggerated: After Alice kills Bob again, he asks for Best Out of Infinity.
- Downplayed: ???
- The people holding the tournament have the power to bring people back from the dead.
- The match is won long before the opponent dies (i.e., he's down for ten seconds), and are given enough time to recover before starting the next round.
- Inverted: A fight that stops after one round, even though the players are perfectly capable of doing another.
- Subverted: Alice wins by default after Bob dies.
- Double Subverted: It's part of a double-elimination tournament, and Bob joins the loser's bracket.
- Parodied: This applies to every cause of death. Alice ends up jumping over and stabbing the truck that ran her over to death twice when it rolls down the road again despite the lack of malice of the driver.
- Zig Zagged:
- Alice kills Bob by stabbing him in the chest and then fights him again the next round and beats him there again. She goes for Off with His Head! in her next fight against Carl and doesn't fight him again. Finally she faces Steve McEvil and tries the same thing again. Steve McEvil is back next round to her surprise.
- The players are eliminated after death.
- Or, they don't fight to the death.
- Enforced: "We have to give the players some leeway, but we still want it to be gory."
- Lampshaded: "Shouldn't you be dead?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob writes in his will that he wants to forfeit any match he's in the middle of at his time of death.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: Alice and Bob both have Healing Factor. After Bob really gets on Alice's nerves, she challenges him to three duels.
- Played For Drama:
Back to Three Round Deathmatch