We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Playing With: They Killed Kenny Again
: A character is killed off repeatedly
- Straight: Bob dies almost all the time, and yet reappears later on with no explanation.
- Exaggerated: Bob dies Once per Episode.
- Downplayed: Bob always breaks his arms, legs, or even gets crippled for life, yet is as fresh as new the next episode.
- Inverted: Bob's always the sole survivor of whatever unfortunate event that the creators throw at him and others.
- The character dies all the time, but then he ends up getting Killed Off for Real... which makes it all the more heartbreaking because the characters and/or audience know that he isn't coming back.
- It's revealed that Bob is actually a bunch of clones, and each "return" was merely a replacement.
- Double Subverted:
- ...and then comes back a few episodes later with no explanation.
- ...However, thanks to the use of Body Backup Drive, Bob is able to transfer his consciousness and all relevant aspects of original self to the next clone in line.
- Parodied: Bob's deaths are in such a spectacularly gory manner that no sane person would survive... and yet he does.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Either Bob never dies, or Bob is Killed Off for Real.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The team decides to make Bob their first line of defense, knowing that if anything happens to him, he'll be back by the next episode.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Repeatedly dying does a number on Bob's psyche, and it doesn't help that no one even remembers that he ever died to begin with.
- Or, he's eventually brought back to life, and everyone laughs it off knowing he'll come back... and then immediately feels worse because no, he definitely isn't.
- Played For Drama: The show is a "Groundhog Day" Loop where Bob's death is the cause of the loops, causing much agony until he finally survives and earns his happy ending.
Oh great! They Killed Kenny Again