: A character at the top of the business and successful because of their own weird form of logic.
- Straight: Alice has odd behavior and dresses eccentrically, thus confusing those new to her. She's run her business for three decades because unique way of thinking enables her to come up with ideas others don't have.
- Exaggerated: Alice is likened to a mad artist that defies social expectations all the time. She's also the head of one of the biggest companies that exists and made it with her own hands.
- Downplayed: Alice is slightly eccentric but can otherwise fit in easily. She is a trader working by herself and regularly finds herself able to think up different ideas that don't make sense until those around her stop to think about them.
- Justified: Alice's odd form of logic is what lets her see what others don't - ideas you can't think of until you think along her lines.
- Only Sane Man, where one character is sane and everybody else is mad, making them successful at that moment in time.
- The Caligula, whose insanity makes them a danger to others while they are at the top.
- Alice has a few bad ideas... which bring down the company, in the process.
- Alice isn't really the boss of the company... the executives regard her as an office pet, keeping her around for what amusement she may provide.
- Double Subverted:
- ... But Alice has other ideas which allow her to rise again.
- They're lying. She actually IS the boss and claiming she's an office pet is to see how others will react to her at first and also to judge newcomers.
- Parodied: Alice is a floating, purple cloud which spouts brilliant ideas and logic as if she were a business oracle. Her caretakers charge quite let others see her, as she gives them ideas.
- Zig Zagged: Alice's ideas are so numerous and varied that the company keeps quickly rising and falling.
- Averted: The company was founded and is currently managed by someone sane.
- The story has a executive in it, and the writers add in eccentric behavior to spice her up to avoid having her being boring.
- The character is an expy of Willy Wonka, or the work references him in some other manner.
- Lampshaded: "Am I the only one who finds it strange that having a crazy person in charge of the company is useful?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: Someone steals the companies secrets just by dressing up ridiculously (like Alice), since people just ignore anyone out of place, assuming they must have something to do with Alice's eccentricity.
- Defied: Alice decides she has to be mature and think straight instead of mucking around like she used to.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to The Wonka