: The main character who is not the main focus of the story.
- Straight: Alice looks like she's the protagonist, but Bob is the real protagonist.
- Exaggerated: There's Alice, Bob, Charlie, Betty, Claire...
- Downplayed: Alice could almost be the protagonist, but Bob's storyline is slightly more interesting.
- Justified: Bob has some sort of hero complex and thinks he's the real hero of the story, but the story makes it clear that Alice is. However, Bob does have actual importance to the story, so he's not a Decoy Protagonist.
- Inverted: Bob is not the real protagonist, but Alice is.
- Subverted: Bob is a Decoy Protagonist.
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The main character is the main focus of the story.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Why does Bob get to have all the fun? I thought this was my story!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice is writing the story of her adventures as they happen, so she chooses to act like The Hero so she'll have something worth writing down.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Supporting Protagonist