: Things exploding spectacularly... Even when logic/common sense dictate they shouldn't!
- Straight: Exploding cars, Exploding Barrels, Exploding Heads, you get the idea.
- Exaggerated: Every single thing is Made of Explodium.
- Downplayed: A couple things explode during the fourth of July.
- Justified: The work in question is about bomb defusal technicians waging War On Terror. What did you expect?
- Inverted: In a Saturday Morning Cartoon, a missile procures a spring-loaded red boxing glove upon reaching it's target.
- Subverted: Only bombs can blow up, despite Explodium abound.
- Double Subverted: But enough effort can make walls spontaneously explode anyway.
- Parodied: Running From Explosions 2 depicts exclusively explosive weapons, stars Action Bomb as a protagonist, ends with a massive nuclear strike, and is advertised as "the best movie about explosions you'll ever see".
- Zig Zagged: Take a Moment to Catch Your Death
- Averted: Despite film being an action movie, nothing ever goes up in flames.
- Enforced: Michael Bay is producing this one, and he's letting it show.
- Lampshaded: *snaps fingers* *KABOOM*
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz makes all his stuff explosive on purpose, as to inconvenience heroes with constant shrapnel threat.
- Exploited: Some one sells tickets to a pyrotechnic show.
- Defied: There is nothing that could possibly explode, not even when it would make sense for it to do so.
- Discussed: "Every single time bullets start flying, something inevitably blows up. Not that i'm against it, but the question remains: WHY."
- Conversed: "Fuel tanks do not work this way. Supercomputers do not either!" "It's just a show. You really should relax."
- Deconstructed: All explosions are portrayed realistically - with powerful shockwaves, scorching-hot flames, and bursts of shrapnel in all directions. Over the course of the story, everybody dies.
- Reconstructed: Characters firmly know just how dangerous all those explosions are - and so ones take cover when appropriate, while others are never seen without flak jackets and helmets.
Done here? Then surf the blastwave
back to Stuff Blowing Up