: A character's footwear proves resistant to obliteration.
- Straight: After Emperor Evulz incinerates Bob with a fireball, only his shoes remain.
- Exaggerated: After an Earth-Shattering Kaboom, six billion pairs of ownerless shoes can be found floating through space.
- Downplayed: ???
- Bob's shoes are made of made of Indestructium.
- Bob's shoes were blown off by the force of the explosion and land a couple yards away.
- Inverted: An explosion destroys Bob's shoes while leaving him otherwise unharmed.
- Subverted: The explosion obliterates Bob and appears to leave his shoes alone, but they fall to dust at the slightest touch.
- Double Subverted: ...but wait; that was just a layer of ash over the shoes.
- Bob is a talking pair of shoes, and nothing can destroy him.
- A bomb goes off in a shoestore, creating a rain of shoes in the process.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob is wiped form the earth, shoes and all.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Emperor Evulz strips Bob of his shoes before incinerating him.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Bob's shoes are preserved and serve as a tragic reminder of his death.
- Scientists analyze Bob's shoes and use the data to develop new lava boots.
- Reconstructed: Alice takes the shoes to a lab, where they take a swab, clone Bob, and upload his memories. Bob makes millions selling his shoes on eBay.
Back to Smoldering Shoes