: A Black woman with a serious attitude problem, usually Played for Laughs
- Straight: LaTonya is a particularly petulant, cocky and upfront black girl.
- Exaggerated: LaTonya responds to everything with a flurry of hand gestures, circling her head and an offended facial expression.
- Downplayed: LaTonya is sassy and daring, sometimes even humorous, but never confrontational nor overbearing.
- LaTonya grew up in a setting where having an attitude was necessary to avoid getting trampled on and has now integrated this mindset to her daily behaviour.
- The show is a Jive Turkey making fun of stereotypes.
- Inverted: LaTonya is a Fragile Flower.
- LaTonya only acts like this in the workplace or at school but it turns out she's a much warmer and considerate person in private...
- LaTonya meets Mei Lang, a petite Asian woman, who happens to be have an even bigger mouth than her and who can actually shut her up...
- Double Subverted: ...that is, unless someone starts an argument, in which case it's good ol' sass-ay LaTonya again!
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: LaTonya can act quite sassy... but only to people who actually deserve it. If you don't deserve it, she won't give you any attitude at all.
- Averted: LaTonya isn't necessarily more sassy than anybody else on the show.
- Enforced: "Everybody loves Black women with a nasty attitude. If we put a Black woman on the show, let's make her that way".
- Lampshaded: "OH NO!! Yo think I'm gonna take that shit lyin' down? HUH-HUH!! I ain't acceptin' dat! I am woman, I am black, hear me sass."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Just because I'm Black doesn't mean I have to be a clone of Mo'nique or Queen Latifah, thanks".
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: LaTonya only acts this way as a defense mechanism against her verbally abusive peers. Really, she wishes to be subtle and gentle, but she never has an opportunity to let down her guard.
? Ain't nobody got time for dat!