: A wedding is marred by tragedy.
- Straight: Anjali is in love with The Protagonist, but she is already betrothed to someone else. She marries this other man, but cries all the way to the altar because of her feelings for the protagonist.
- Exaggerated: Not only is Anjali marrying a man she does not love, but her whole family was just brutally killed right in front of her.
- Downplayed: ???
- Inverted: Anjali is marrying a man she loves, and that her family approves of, and all is right with the world. Awww...
- Subverted: Anjali is OK with the marriage
- Double Subverted: But just before getting to the temple, she finds out that her brother has been shot.
- The vows are constantly interrupted by Anjali's loud sobbing.
- The tragedy in question is that Anjali broke her fingernail or stubbed her toe moments before the ceremony.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Nothing seriously bad happens on the wedding day, and Anjali is marrying her True Love.
- Anjali's not getting married to anyone.
- Enforced: "Nothing says drama like tragedy surrounding what's supposed to be a joyful event!"
- Lampshaded: "The wedding must go on!"
- Invoked: Anjali is going on and on about The Protagonist, and her father decides to break the news that she's betrothed to someone else...and that the wedding plans are already made.
- Exploited: ???
- Discussed: "I thought marriage was supposed to be a happy thing..."
- Conversed: "Weddings in Bollywood tend to be tragic; it makes for more Melodrama."
- Played For Laughs: Someone is playing a sad tune on a violin during the wedding.
Back to Sad Bollywood Wedding