- Straight: After going AWOL for a few hours, Bob gets assigned to latrine duty for a month.
- Exaggerated: Bob's punishment is to clean an entire city's sewer system by himself. With a toothbrush.
- Downplayed: After going AWOL for a few hours, Bob is assigned to take out the garbage that night.
- Justified: Giving Bob an unpleasant task as a punishment disciplines Bob, gets an unpleasant but necessary task taken care of.
- Inverted: ???
- Subverted: Bob actually enjoys latrine duty more than his normal duties, making the punishment worthless.
- Double Subverted: Turns out, he was just pretending to enjoy it so his superiors would decide that there was no point in trying to punish him with latrine duty.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Bob is assigned menial tasks as punishment by his superior Alice. Until she finds out he is the relative of Charlie, her superior, so she starts treating him nicely. But her differential treatment is found out and she is judged and replaced by a new commander; Bob's new commander resumes giving Bob menial tasks, until Charlie finds out and tell him to be nice with Bob. But turns out Bob isn't his relative so...
- Averted: Discipline is either non-existant, or uses some other method of punishment for misbehavior like A Taste of the Lash.
- Enforced: The show is aimed at under-12s and needs to show them that you can't act up with impunity.
- Lampshaded: "One would think the army could paid a few janitors".
- Invoked: Dave is on latrine duty, so he encourages Bob to misbehave so Bob will get stuck with it instead.
- Exploited: "Emperor Evulz, this is Field Marshal Ruthless. I need people to clear landmines by walking over them. Could you send me some of those heroic dissidents you are persecuting?"
- Defied: ???
Lt. Alex: "You disobeyed my orders!"
Bob: "Let me guess, I'm on latrine duty again?"
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: The base is attacked while Bob is cleaning toilets so he isn't able to act in defense of the base.
- Reconstructed: Which saves him of dying in the hands of the enemy so he can fight them in the future.
- Played For Laughs: Bob tries a number of wacky methods to try and make his boring and incredibly unpleasant job less intolerable.
- Played For Drama: Bob constantly being subjected to the nastiest, most degrading jobs as punishment for his lax attitude towards following the rules slowly wears him down and breaks his will.
Back to Punishment Detail