: A Recurring Character
achieves a high enough level of screen time and plot relevance to get added to the show's Title Sequence
- Straight: Sixth Ranger Felicia is added to the Heroes of Troperia 's Title Sequence after she becomes a regular member of the
Five Six Man Band. Also, Bob and co. can't risk losing her, because her power is essential to defeat Emperor Evulz.
- Exaggerated: Grendel's Warband is added to the Heroes of Troperia 's Title Sequence after they undergo Heel-Face Turn en masse, doubling the length of the Title Sequence.
- Downplayed: Felicia is added to the Title Sequence, but they were overhauling it anyway and she doesn't appear for as long as the original main characters do.
- Justified: Felicia has become that important to Bob and co.'s struggle.
- Inverted: Felicia is removed from the Title Sequence after she's no longer important to the story.
- Subverted: There is only one episode where Felicia is in the Title Sequence, where she is the Big Damn Heroes.
- Double Subverted: Except that she steadily becomes more important story-wise after that episode, and she gets added permanently to the Title Sequence a few episodes later.
- Parodied: Felicia is a recurring background extra. In one episode, she's given a single, unimportant line. This episode adds her to the Title Sequence with prominence equal to the main characters.
- Zig Zagged: She's billed on a per episode basis.
- Averted: The Title Sequence stays the same throughout the show's run.
- Enforced: The audience demanded that Felicia be added to the Title Sequence.
- Lampshaded: "Welcome to the board, Fe! Enjoy the spotlight!"
- Invoked: See And Starring.
- Exploited: The reality show Trope Me Harder changes its Title Sequence based on viewers' vote on who is the most interesting character in the previous episode. Since this is obviously the inverse of Vicious Cycle as far as popularity is concerned, Felicia lies, cheats, and backstabs her way into getting added into the Title Sequence. It works.
- Discussed: "So, do they pay you more now that you're a regular member of the team?"
- Conversed: "Took them long enough to add her."
- Deconstructed: After she is added to the Title Sequence, the writers start trying to make her conventionally heroic and she loses that certain charm she had, and She starts to suffer Badass Decay as a result of the writers trying to appease the moral guardians.
- Reconstructed: The author makes up for it by making sure that the things people liked about Felicia stays relevant to the show.
- Played For Laughs: On A Day in the Limelight episode revolving around Felicia, they completely restructure the title sequence around her.
- Played For Drama: It's obvious that fan-favorite Recurring Character Felicia is fated to die soon. The author knows people love her and would hate to lose her, so she was permanently added to the Title Sequence... starting from the episode where she dies.
Back to Promotion to Opening Titles