: Young children looking at each other's genitals, often role-playing a health care scenario as an excuse.
- Straight: Little Bobby asks Alice if she wants to play doctor, which leads to both of them learning the difference between boys and girls.
- Exaggerated: Bobby then has Alice lay in an x-ray machine and discovers how different that are on the inside as well.
- Downplayed: Bobby curiously asks Alice what she has "down there". She tells him without showing him. Satisfied, he leaves.
- Justified: Bobby is simply curious to know what girls look like without clothes and means no harm by it.
- Inverted: Alice asks Bobby to play doctor.
- Bobby gives Alice a checkup while both remain fully clothed.
- They're playing dentist, eye doctor, or some other specialty.
- Double Subverted: Bobby refers Alice to Matt, a classmate who plays gynecologist.
- Parodied: Bobby asks Alice if she wants to play doctor. She agrees and one Gilligan Cut later, he is dressed in a lab coat, explaining to her that she has a tumor.
- Zig Zagged: Alice refuses to play doctor with Bobby so he cuts right to the chase by telling her "I'll show you mine if you show me yours". She agrees and asks him to go first. He shows her but she ends up backing down when it comes to her turn.
- Averted: Bobby once saw his dad's Porn Stash under his bed so he knows exactly what a naked girl looks like so he never asks Alice ot play doctor.
- Enforced: The writers want a scene showing childhood innocence and curiosity about the opposite sex in a funny way.
- Lampshaded: "It was so much easier to get a girl naked when I was a kid. I just had to ask her to play doctor."
- Invoked: Bobby is not as innocent as he pretends to be and is simply using an excuse to see Alice naked.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice refuses to play doctor or show him anything.
- Discussed: Alice talks to little Susie about playing doctor with Bobby, only to find out she wasn't his only "patient".
- Conversed: "Aw, they're playing doctor now. Isn't that cute?"
Back to Playing Doctor