Playing With: Non-Mammal Mammaries
: A non-mammalian female character has breasts.
- Straight: The Lizard People females have breasts.
- The Lizard People females have Gag Boobs.
- Alternatively, they have placenta.
- Only male Lizard People actually resemble lizards. The females look just like human women.
- All Lizard People have boobs. Not just the females.
- Female lizard people have multiboobage.
- Downplayed: Lizard Women are a bit curvy if you look at them from the right angle.
- They're actually egg sacks.
- Or they're the ovaries, similar to the position of the genitalia in sharks, just moved forward (ventrally) a bit.
- Or the "breasts" are infoldings of the gut. Pigeons and some other birds today secrete a nutritious fluid from the lining of their crop, called "crop milk" which they use to feed their young. The "breasts" of the lizard people are infoldings of the crop creating more surface area for the crop, and hence more crop milk. This is also the reason why their "breasts" have no nipples.
- Or the character is more human than non-mammal. A human with reptilic characteristics rather then a reptile with human characteristics.
- Or the race was magically created, and doesn't have to follow the proper rules of evolution.
- The Lizard People are aliens who evolved on another planet and are not actually reptiles.
- The Lizard People are the Platypi of the reptile kingdom. Being humanoid lizards is improbable enough, so they may as well have boobs too. 'Cuz that's how the God of the setting rolls; that's how he gets all the Goddesses.
- They're actually a muscle group, a throwback to when lizard people had wings.
- Only the male Lizard People have breasts.
- Or, creatures that should have breasts don't.
- Mammalian hemipenes.
- Subverted: The first Lizard woman actually has implants.
- Double Subverted: ...because she lost her real breasts to cancer.
- Parodied: The story is set on a planet where everything has humanlike breasts, including plants, insects, and rock formations.
- Zig Zagged: The protagonist end up raising a sapient lizard person hatchling whom they name Trike. Come puberty she develops breasts. However it's later revealed once they reunite with her kind after a long journey that it only happened because Trike was of the diplomat caste which engages in slow shapeshifting to be more like other species when they spend long time around them. After spending a good deal of time with her biological relatives and away from the heroes Trike loses the breasts.
- Averted: While you can tell the difference between male and female Lizard People, this is only due to their plumage or figures; the females are as flat chested as the males.
- "We need our viewers to understand which Lizard People are female, so we'll give the females breasts so they don't look exactly like the males."
- Alternately: "We want some women in these lizard alien costumes, and women have breasts. So let's give the lizard women breasts."
- Lampshaded: "Why the hell does that lizard-woman have breasts?"
- Invoked: "Of course we're going to give to the lizards we're uplifting breasts! How would we be able to tell gender easily?"
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "You expected me to look like that? You are aware I was hatched and not born, right?
- Discussed: "Whoa, check out the rack on her!"
- Conversed: "The character designers for this show seem to have forgotten that lizards don't do lactation, so the females wouldn't have breasts."
- All breasts are an in-universe example of Author Appeal from Abusive Precursors who frequently gang-rape us as payment for the gift of intelligence. Western standards of unnatural female beauty come from an instinctive attraction to the Precursors, which inadvertently also makes humans and Lizard People madly attracted to each other, leading to transmission of alien diseases.
- Alternatively Lizardwoman breasts are cancerous tumors.
- Or even more, breasts are used the same way as breasts on humans are for. That's right, nursing becomes incredibly painful when you see an avian or a reptile with nice sharp teeth nursing. Have fun, yet?
- But because of the mutual attraction between the two races diplomatic channels are much easier to maintain than with the Starfish Aliens and with the two races combined sciences the alien STDs are all cured.
- Those being nursed don't have developed teeth yet and simply use their tongues instead.
- Alternatively, breasts have a more durable exterior to protect the species from outside harm.
Are you just going to stare at the Non-Mammal Mammaries
all day, or are you going to do something?