: A person who plays a nice character is a jerk off stage.
- Straight: Bob plays the character of Charlie, The Hero, on stage, but off stage he's bossy and overly demanding
- Exaggerated: Bob plays the character of Charlie, an ultimately good deity of niceness, but off stage, he's a cruel bully who mocks the other cast members, blackmails the directors, rapes the costumers, and sets fire to the theater after the show is over, just for giggles.
- Downplayed: Bob plays Charlie, a flawed but good hero, but offstage, he's slightly rude to everybody.
- Justified: Bob is a good actor, despite his lack of people skills.
- Inverted: Mean Character, Nice Actor
- Subverted: Bob plays a nice character on stage. Although he's certainly a good person off stage, he's not particularly nice.
- Double Subverted: But he's downright cruel to his family once he gets home.
- Parodied: Bob appears in an ASPCA commercial petting a dog, then immediately punts the dog and beats it with a stick the minute the director says "Cut!"
- Zig Zagged: Bob plays a nice character is seen being mean to people. His actor friends come to his defense and say he's actually a nice guy...except to minorities, because he's a white supremacist.
- Bob is an okay guy in person.
- Charlie isn't that nice.
- Enforced: Because of media scrutiny, Bob is known as being a Nice Character, Mean Actor. So studios make him play fictional versions of himself.
- Lampshaded: "It's a good thing for Bob we always turn off the cameras before he drops character!"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Bob terrorizes the cast off stage, which makes it difficult for them to adore him in character as Charlie. They either can't play their parts properly or drop out of the production. The show ultimately fails.
- Reconstructed: Bob is a nice guy playing a nice character, but finds himself being typecast in family friendly roles and isn't taken seriously by people. So he starts being a jerk to shake off his overly positive image.
Back to Nice Character, Mean Actor