Playing With: Like You Were Dying
: A character who's about to die decides to live life to the fullest.
- Straight: Alice, who has a terminal disease, decides to spend her last few days seeing the world and experiencing it.
- Exaggerated: Alice catches a cold, and, thinking she's going to die, goes on an extravagant spending spree.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Alice always talked about how she wanted to do these things.
- Alice spends her last few days curled up in a ball, sobbing.
- A cancer patient is about to live, he decides to lounge about for the rest of his life.
- "I'm dying? I guess this is my last chance to travel the globe! To the Internet!"
- She's not really dying, she's just living in such a manner.
- Double Subverted: "Where I will buy plane tickets to everywhere!"
- Parodied: Alice actually throws a little party when she finds out she has the disease.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice doesn't change her daily routine when she learns the news.
- Enforced: "Alice is dying! It's time for a vacation episode!"
- Lampshaded: "You've really opened up in these last few days!"
- Invoked: Alice lies to a friend that he's dying so he can get out of the house.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice, after much consideration, decides that it would probably be better for her loved ones if she just stayed around them until she died.
- Discussed: "You're dying? Shouldn't you be off swimming with dolphins?"
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Alice's attempts to live life to the fullest are just a mask for her inability to cope with death.
- Reconstructed: She copes with death by doing the things she loved in life, i.e. partying.
It might be my last chance...better go back to Like You Were Dying