: A Joke Character
has a certain way to use him/her to make them effective.
- Bob's party gets the Teddy Hunter as a character, who had no strong abilities, however if you use his teddy trap combined with an ability that stuns ends up causing a very high combo in a few seconds.
- In Fighting Game, Alice is the weakest, slowest, has lowest defense, and most of her attack has really short reach comparing to other characters. Her comical super move does no damage, only stun the enemy. However, her short frame mean many moves will go over her head. While most of her moves are hard to hit, all of them can use to start a long string of combo. The combo still does pitiful damage, but should the player manage to pull a 11 hit combo, then the final blow will be One-Hit Kill Megaton Punch.
- Exaggerated: The Teddy Hunter has only basic attacks and one skill as well as horribly poor stats, but that skill ended up causing instant kill on most enemies.
- Downplayed: The Teddy Hunter doesn't have any good skills, but his stats are actually pretty good and using just basic attacks ends up doing more damage than anybody else can without MP.
- Justified: The Teddy Hunter had access to good tools and has the skill to use them in conjunction when others wouldn't consider it.
- Inverted: The Teddy Hunter joins Bob early on his adventure, and ends up being a Crutch Character.
- Subverted: The combo ends up not doing any damage to characters at later levels with higher defense, which reduces all damage to 0.
- Double Subverted: Utill all strength boost equipment is placed on the Teddy Hunter, which causes him to do more damage.
- Parodied: The Teddy Hunter is noted as being the most feared and deadly thing walking the planet. The first meeting with him is... underwhelming, but once he joins it turns out to be true, despite only having silly attacks.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Useless characters stay useless.
- Enforced: The programmers wanted to reward really devoted players with an easily dismissed powerful character that takes time to master.
- Lampshaded: "So, this man who looks like he's never fought a serious battle in his life is currently taking down gods?"
- Invoked: The Teddy Hunter started his training because he realized that being "normal" wouldn't find new ways to take down monsters, so he went silly.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "No, you're going to take me seriously! I'm going to take you down like a man!"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Implied: People make their own unique characters for the game. One listed as "Teddy Hunter" has a high win rate, but also skills and stats most could consider bad.
- Deconstructed: Due to confusing character design and "misleading" power distribution, critics bash the game for being odd and counterintutive.
- Reconstructed: However, players love the game despite the bashing, and like how funny and enjoyable it is, especially the funny and powerful Teddy Hunter.
- Plotted A Good Waste: Although it's mentioned in game, the Teddy Hunter's power is never touched upon aside from a single time where he uses it to save the party. When asked about it, he just says he does what he thinks is fun.
- Played For Laughs: The Teddy Hunter is very odd, to the point where his armor is rand vendor trash.
Back to Lethal Joke Character