: Attack that should've KO'ed a character instead leaves them at 1 HP, giving the player one more turn.
- Straight: Alice has 21 HP (out of 50). Mook attacks Alice for 25 points damage! Alice survived with 1 HP.
- Exaggerated: Alice takes 9999 damage! Survives with 1 HP.
- If Alice isn't above 50% health before taking the hit, her Last Chance Hit Point won't activate.
- Alice doesn't get a Last Chance Hit Point when hit by a very strong attacks, e.g., an attack that does half-and-again her full health.
- Justified: Alice is a One-Hit-Point Wonder protected by a Beehive Barrier, and the attack shattered only her barrier (Alice herself escaped harm). But without protection any hit will kill her.
- Inverted: When Alice is dealt damage close to her maximum HP, but not quite as high, the shock defeats her instantly.
- Alice was instead hit by an HP to One attack; a different attack might've killed her.
- An attack triggers a cutscene in which Alice is left with only 1 HP left, and it looks like she still has a chance, but it's just a setup for a brutal finishing move by the enemy. Game Over.
- Double Subverted: ...or so it seems. Turns out it was just a cutscene and Alice gets back up.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Lethal damage actually defeats Alice as normal.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "My HP hit zero but I'm still standing?"
- Exploited: Now's a perfect time to unleash Alice's Desperation Attack.
- It's a multi-hit attack; Alice survived the first hit, but the next hit finishes her off.
- Or, Alice survives with 1 HP but becomes Poisoned by the attack, and the poison finishes her off.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Even though Alice's Last Chance Hit Point activated, she's still heavily injured, and dies when she gets to the her team's secret base.
- Reconstructed: Diane, the healer, has unsurpassed healing skills, and she manages to revive Alice. The latter decides to be more careful next time.
Back to Last Chance Hit Point