: A couple isn't a real couple
, but one half says they should be.
- Straight: Alice and Bob sleep together after a little too much to drink at a party. Alice has had a crush on Bob for a long time, and wants them to go out for breakfast together. Bob has no interest in Alice.
- Downplayed: They promptly talk it over, and nothing changes.
- Alice has had feelings for Bob for a long time, but Bob either doesn't return them or is Oblivious to Love.
- Bob is one of those people that can separate the physical aspect of sex from the emotional; Alice is not.
- Bob has cheated on Alice in the midst of a troubled relationship; Alice bringing this up is the "make it or break it" point.
- Inverted: Alice and Bob are an Official Couple, but then decide they should call it off.
- Gender Inverted: Bob suggests the Relationship Upgrade, and Alice is the one that turns it down.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice and Bob both have feelings, and are upfront about them.
- Enforced: Rule of Drama
- Lampshaded: "I thought you loved me!"
- Invoked: Alice and Bob are Friends with Benefits, and Alice starts to have feelings for Bob.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: When Alice confesses her feelings for him, Bob stops sleeping with her.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to It Meant Something to Me