: An adorable, sweet girl who makes a living by selling flowers... and who has a high mortality rate.
- Straight: Violet is The Cutie who stands on the corner with a basket of flowers, always smiling shyly as she offers her wares to anyone interested.
- Exaggerated: Not only is Violet almost Sickeningly Sweet, she's actually battling an Incurable Cough of Death.
- Downplayed: Violet is the only person in town who does not act like a Jerkass.
- Justified: Violet is a homeless person who isn't exactly qualified for any other kind of job.
- Inverted: A girl who sells flowers...and is a Dark Action Girl.
- Violet sells flowers for a living, but is sarcastic, street-smart and cynical.
- Violet seems to sell flower, but it's a different kind of flower she sells...
- Double Subverted:
- ...However, that's just a Jerkass Fašade she's honed to survive on the streets. Anyone who actually befriends her discovers a sweet, shy and gentle soul.
- The flowers are still sweet smelling and uses them to help others
- Parodied: As soon as another character buys a flower from Violet, she morphs into a smarmy used car salesman, trying to upsell like crazy. And she's not above whipping out the Incurable Cough of Death to squeeze every last penny out of the poor sucker.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Violet does not sell flowers, or isn't dying.
- Enforced: "We need a heartwarming moment right here, because the Hero just lost his whole family. This Innocent Flower Girl ought to inspire him to keep going."
- Lampshaded: "Lemme guess, you have cancer, right?"
- Invoked: "C'mon, I'm cute as a baby panda, and I have a terminal illness. Nobody's going to say no to me!"
- Exploited: Violet is actually a Manipulative Bitch who uses this trope to guit trips people into buying her flowers for a high price, complete with faking an illness.
- Defied: "I am not going out there to sell flowers! It is beneath me."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: We see all kind of shit that Violet went through daily as part of being a flower girl. From heartless kids ruining her wares, to low to non-existent sales, to being gangraped by local thugs and their dogs.
- Reconstructed: Despite all these, she's as pure as the fresh lilies that she sells. And she's not a Stepford Smiler, either.
- Played For Laughs: There are two Innocent Flower Girls, who engage in a price war. Hilarity Ensues.
- Played For Drama: Violet's flowers are the only source of income for her household, a rag-tag collection of orphans and street urchins she's taken under her wing despite her illness. If anything were to happen to her, the kids would be left without a protector and vulnerable to the uncaring guards sweeping them all off to the Orphanage of Fear.
Wouldn't you like to buy some mums from an Innocent Flower Girl
, suh? Tuppence a blossom!