: One member of the party in skilled in fighting using something that wouldn't normally be seen as a weapon.
- Straight: Alice fights with a hockey stick.
- Alice fights with a hockey puck.
- Alternately, Alice's stick alone allows them to beat hordes of enemies armed with actual weapons.
- She uses something that shouldn't be a weapon by any train of logic (like soap bubbles).
- Downplayed: Alice uses kitchen knives, when combat knives are available.
- Justified: Her hockey stick accidentally came in contact with Green Rocks and now has magical powers making it more deadly in combat than any actual weapon.
- Inverted: Alice uses a mace to play hockey.
- Subverted: Alternatively: Alice's weapon of choice isn't actually a hockey stick, she just used it as an Improvised Weapon due to its similarity to something she is skilled with.
- Double Subverted: Alternatively: After so long using the hockey stick, she's gotten rusty with her actual weapon, and ends up just sticking with the hockey stick.
- Parodied: Alice's hockey stick is basically an Infinity+1 Sword with the ability to take down Cthulhu.
- Zig Zagged: The usefulness of Alice's hockey stick-fu changes wildly on many occasions.
- Averted: Alice has training in sword combat and is very good with a blade.
- Enforced: "Let's give this character a weird weapon to make them more unique."
- Lampshaded: "You fight using that?"
- Invoked: Alice is a multidisciplined fighter, carrying a hockey stick among her various other weapons.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice is given the opportunity to choose her weapon. The hockey stick is available, but she passes it over for a sword.
- Discussed: "Just watch: she's totally gonna kick his ass with that hockey stick."
- Conversed: "How long do you think it takes to master hockey stick-fu?"
- Deconstructed: Alice is being attacked and uses a hockey stick to defend herself. It is ineffective and her attacker overpowers her.
- Alice is fighting an enemy who is vulnerable to the type of wood used in hockey sticks.
- Alice was using the weapon in a way it was ineffective. With proper knowledge of what kinds of attacks are best applied where, the borderline improvised weapon becomes as lethal as any "normal" weapon.
Fight your way back to Improbable Weapon User
using your folding chair.