: A character comes up with an obviously fake and rather odd excuse to leave.
- Straight: Trying to get out of an awkward conversation with Alice, Bob says "Oh, sorry, I hear my cat calling me!" and runs off.
- Exaggerated: Bob says "My cat's calling me to burn the dishes and my bed needs a story drowned to it."
- Downplayed: Bob says "Oh geez, I left the oven." He says this when he's having dinner with Alice at her place and they had lunch at a restaurant earlier.
- Justified: Bob is under a lot of stress and pressure and can't think straight.
- Inverted: Bob walks up to Alice and says "Sorry I'm late, my cat was calling me."
- Subverted: Bob's cat can actually talk, and it really is calling him.
- Double Subverted: Well, his cat can talk, but it's known for hating Bob and doing anything it can to avoid his company.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Bob says "I forgot I left my house on fire". It's odd, but considering the world is magic, it's hard to tell if it's a bad excuse or not, especially since Bob's powers are fire based
- Averted: Bob's excuse is believable, or he doesn't give an excuse.
- Enforced: The writers want to add some comedy right before a rather sad scene.
- Lampshaded: "Sorry, I hear my cat calling me! ...Pretend I said 'brother' instead of 'cat'!"
- Exploited: Alice makes Bob say "I hear my cat calling" while his girlfriend is around the corner, and making it sound like "cat" is the nickname of another girl, in order to generate mistrust among the two of them.
- Defied: Bob gives an excuse and starts to run, but Alice grabs him to force him to stay.
- Discussed: "Bob comes up with the weirdest excuses to leave whenever a supervillain attacks, and then Astounding Man shows up. Do you think he's...afraid of Astounding Man?"
- Conversed: "This is one weird show. Bob's excuses get stranger every episode."
- Played For Laughs: Because Alice is Too Dumb to Live, she believes Bob's made-up excuse.
Oh, sorry I can't show you more of this page, because uh... I Need to Go Iron My Dog