: The Character manages to start a car engine without the key.
- Straight: The character accesses the wiring, locates and connects the correct wires, and starts the engine in a matter of seconds
- Exagerated: The character brushes two wires together and the car starts.
- Downplayed: The car is already a junker with a screwdriver starter.
- Justified: The character is a professional car thief, and knows the ins and outs of his trade.
- Inverted: Attempting the hotwire the car sets off a fail-safe that prevents the car from starting all together.
- Subverted: The character tears open the steering column and breaks into the ignition switch, ignoring the wires all together.
- Double Subverted: ...But character still needs to touch wires together to make the engine start.
- Parodied: The character snaps his fingers and all the cars in the surrounding area start immediately.
- Zig Zagged: The character attempts to hotwire the car, but becomes too frustrated, so instead jams a screwdriver into the ignition and starts the car that way.
- Averted: The character locates a key, or already has one.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: After successfully hotwiring the car, the character proclaims that he expected it to be much more difficult.
- Invoked: The character chooses to steal an older model car because it lacks the security that would make it difficult to hotwire.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The target car uses different technology and can not be hotwired.
- Discussed: "Of course I can hotwire this! I'm a mechanic!"
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: The character opens the dash and a mess of wires fall out. He then electrocutes himself while messing with the wiring.
- Reconstructed: The character uses special tools which make the job safe, quick, and easy.
Back to Hassle-Free Hotwire