: A person's name contradicts his/her gender.
- Straight: A woman gives birth to a baby girl. The baby is named "Bob".
- Exaggerated: A woman gives birth to a baby girl, and gives the baby the manliest name on Earth.
- Downplayed: The baby has a Tomboyish Name or a unisex one.
- Bob's father wanted the baby to have a boy's name, no matter what.
- It's short for a more girly name like Roberta.
- Inverted: The baby is given an impossibly girly name.
- Subverted: After trying to name the baby "Bob", the mother named her "Bella" instead.
- Double Subverted: They then went back to conclusions, and named the baby, "Bob".
- Parodied: The most womanly woman on Earth has the manliest name possible.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: A woman gives birth to a baby girl. The baby is named, "Alice".
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "WHAT!? They named the baby girl 'Bob'!?"
- Invoked: The woman specifically names her daughter Bob because she wants the child to be mistaken for a boy.
- Exploited: Bob uses her Gender Blender Name to successfully pull off Samus Is a Girl.
- Defied: A woman is about to give birth, but neither her nor her husband want to name the baby girl a boy's name.
- Discussed: "I know those two wanted a son, but apparently the doctor said the baby's going to be a girl. Think they'll name their daughter 'Bob' or something?"
- Conversed: "Ha ha. A baby on TV is named "Bob". And it's a girl. Ha ha."
Back to Gender Blender Name