: A person's name contradicts his/her gender.
- A woman gives birth to a baby girl. The baby is named "Bob".
- A woman gives birth to a baby boy. The baby is named "Alice".
- A woman gives birth to a baby girl, and gives the baby the manliest name on Earth.
- A woman gives birth to a baby boy, and gives the baby the girliest name on Earth.
- The baby girl has a Tomboyish Name or a unisex one.
- The baby boy has a name homonymous with a feminine name.
- Bob's father wanted the baby to have a boy's name, no matter what.
- It's short for a more girly name like Roberta.
- The family hails from a culture where the boy's girly name is considered masculine.
- After trying to name the baby "Bob", the mother named her "Bella" instead.
- After trying to name the baby "Alice", the father named him "Arron" instead.
- Double Subverted: They then went back to conclusions, and named the baby, "Bob"/"Ashley".
- The most womanly woman on Earth has the manliest name possible.
- The most manly man on Earth has the girliest name possible.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: A woman gives birth to a baby girl. The baby is named, "Alice".
- The baby is given a name that isn't normal for either gender.
- Enforced: ???
- "WHAT!? They named the baby girl 'Bob'!?"
- "WHAT!? They named the baby boy 'Alice'!?"
- Invoked: The woman specifically names her daughter Bob because she wants the child to be mistaken for a boy. (or "Alice " for the boy)
- Defied: A woman is about to give birth, but neither her nor her husband want to name the baby girl a boy's name.
- Discussed: "I know those two wanted a son/daughter, but apparently the doctor said the baby's going to be a girl. Think they'll name their daughter 'Bob'/'Alice' or something?"
- Conversed: "Ha ha. A baby on TV is named "Bob"/"Alice". And it's a girl/boy. Ha ha."
Back to Gender-Blender Name