Playing With: First Girl Wins
: The first person the protagonist meets is ultimately his/her true love interest.
- Straight: Bob meets Alice, the first girl he meets while traveling to another town. Although he meets other girls, such as Carina, Dana, and Melody, he gets together with Alice in the end.
- Exaggerated: Bob meets Alice when both of them have just been born.
- Downplayed: Alice isn't the very first girl Bob meets, but she's the first that the audience sees on-screen.
- Justified: Alice is the first person to make a lasting impression on Bob, as well as the first friend that he makes, thus setting up a way for their friendship to become a romantic relationship.
- Inverted: Last Girl Wins
- Subverted: Bob does meet Alice first, but when it comes to choosing his love interest, he hooks up with Dana.
- Double Subverted: ...But then they break up, and Bob goes with Alice afterwards.
- Parodied: Bob arrives at a town. Immediately, tons of girls run up to him, all racing to be the first one he meets.
- Zig Zagged: Bob and Alice meet first in the story, but Dana comes back into Bob's life, but then Bob realizes that while he still has feelings for Dana, he wants to be with Alice.
- Averted: Bob meets Alice first, but they don't get together.
- Enforced: "We need to establish Bob's love interest. Let's introduce Alice first!"
- Lampshaded: "Is it just me, or is it like we're soul mates since you're the first girl I've met here?"
- Invoked: Alice is Genre Savvy and knows that being the first girl to meet Bob will increase her chances of ending up with him.
- Exploited: Carina tells her love interest, Bobby, to forget about Alice, because she's sure to end up with Bob.
- "Just because she's the first girl doesn't automatically mean I'll be with her!"
- Carina secretly murders Alice to clear her own path to Bob.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to First Girl Wins
, where you have to meet your first (and ultimate) love interest.