Playing With: Exploding Closet
: A closet or cabinet door is opened, and an avalanche of junk spills out.
- Straight: Alice opens the closet to put a box away or get something, and is subsequently buried under junk.
- Downplayed: Alice opens the closet and a couple umbrellas and a shoe fall out.
- The closet is Bigger on the Inside
- The closet is simply filled with old items, and haven't been checked since 108 years ago.
- Alice opens a drawer, not a closet.
- Alice opens the closet, sees the junk about to fall out, and closes it quickly.
- Double Subverted:
- But the drawer is overstuffed and explodes.
- The junk bursts through the door anyway, leaving a giant mess.
- A skier skis down the slope of junk.
- A Camp Gay guy struts over the junk pile and out of the closet.
- A bomb is heard, and the room is once again messy.
- Alice opens the closet and sees stock footage of a landfill.
- Alice suffers Amusing Injuries from this.
- Alice is not opening a closet per se, but some form of Hammerspace
- Zig Zagged: Alice opens the closet, sees the junk about to fall on her, and closes the door. Then the door suddenly starts bulging, so she barricades it. When it looks like the danger has passed, a dozen or so items being pushed by a snowplow come out. Apparently, the closet wasn't really all that stuffed aside from the snowplow that was trying to get out.
- Alice opens the closet and nothing happens.
- Or, she doesn't open the closet.
- Enforced: Rule of Funny.
- Lampshaded: "Bob, how many times do I have to tell you, don't overstuff the closet!"
- Invoked: Bob overloads the closet, knowing Alice will open it later.
- Exploited: Alice tricks Charlie into opening the closet, which she knows is overfull.
- Alice refuses to open the closet.
- "I'm pretty sure I need the Hammerspace cabinet, I don't want shoes and all to explode on me!"
- Discussed: "Alice, you have a serious shoe problem. I went to get my coat, and I got buried under an avalanche of heels."
- Conversed: "How did they even manage to close the door?"
- Deconstructed: Alice is a compulsive hoarder, or a very unhealthily messy person.
- Reconstructed: The dread of having to open her closet and have everything fall on her so she can cram something into it prevents her from hoarding, and eventually leads her to overcome it.
- Played For Drama: Alice's family stages an intervention for hoarding.
Watch for falling junk.