: Spanking a kid with a belt.
- Straight: Al whips Bob with a belt whenever he rebels.
- Downplayed: Al whips Bob as a last resort.
- Al is a very strict parent who does whatever he can to keep Bob on the straight and narrow.
- Al's parents had done the same thing to him when he was a child, and believes if he turned out okay after all of that, so can Bob.
- Bob takes out Al's belt and whips himself.
- Bob whips Al with a belt.
- Subverted: It appears that Bob hasn't done anything wrong although he think he did and get nervous when Al shouts "where's my belt!" He is then relieved when Al was looking for it to fasten his pants.
- Double Subverted: He then sees Bob and whips him for no apparent reason.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Al doesn't whip Bob with a belt.
- Enforced: The writer wants to show how Al is a strict or abusive parent.
- Lampshaded: "This is hurting me more than it's hurting you!"
- Invoked: Bob appears to love being whipped by Al and rebels as much as he can to receive them.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Al only resorts to less severe punishments for Bob.
- Discussed: "I know Bob was being naughty, but why did Al have to whip him?"
- Conversed: "After watching the Al/Bob scene, I'm glad my parents never gave me a whipping."
- Deconstructed: The whippings that Bob receives has made him resentful towards Al for the remainder of his life and later disowns him.
- Played For Laughs: Al whipping Bob with a belt was a main aspect of Bob's Hilariously Abusive Childhood.
- Played For Drama: Al whips Bob so hard that Lisa, Bob's mother, calls out Al for being too hard on him.
Back to Don't Make Me Take My Belt Off