'''Basic Trope''': Hero leaves the villain at the mercy of their former victims.
* '''Straight''': [[TheHero Hiro]] and his friends have just ousted the [[CorruptBureaucrat corrupt official]] Iwan Tumuchs. Though he could easily execute Iwan himself, Hiro chooses to spare his life...and hand him over to [[DefiantCaptive Debora]] and her family, whom Iwan had tormented.
** After breaking Iwan's stranglehold on the town, Hiro turns him over to the mob forming in the main square.
** TheDrifter visits one town after another, defeating any bad guys he finds. He never kills anyone himself, just hands them over to the same people they wronged and leaves...
* '''Downplayed''': TheTeam hand Iwan Tumuchs over to the local militia who helped them bring him down in the first place.
** Hiro and his party weren't as personally affected by Iwan's crimes, and feel his victims have the right to decide his fate.
** This is a part of Hiro's DisproportionateRetribution, he's more than glad to torture Iwan without doing the dirty jobs on his own.
* '''Inverted''': [[AntiHero Hiro]] stops an angry mob from killing Iwan... because he [[ItsPersonal wants the pleasure of killing him personally]].
* '''Subverted''': Hiro hands Iwan over to Debora and her family, expecting them to kill him for how he treated them in the past. Debora instead declares that "We're better than him. We won't stoop that low."
* '''Double Subverted''': Upon hearing this, Iwan [[TooDumbToLive taunts their inability to act]] until her sister, who suffered the worst at his hands, steps in and skewers him, much to his shock.
* '''Parodied''': Hiro hands Iwan to a group of kids and gives them BB guns.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Hiro hands Iwan to Debora and her family, claiming that as his victims, they should be able to be the ones deciding his fate. However, Debora hands Iwan back to Hiro, claiming that as his victor, he should be able to be the one deciding his fate. This goes on until Hiro accidentally throws Iwan to a nearby mob, [[DroppedABridgeOnHim who proceed to murder Iwan in a horrible and embarassing way.]]
* '''Averted''': Hiro always kills the villains himself when he gets the chance.
* '''Enforced''': "We don't want to portray Hiro as a cold-blooded murderer, since [[RonTheDeathEater the fans will get the wrong idea.]] I know! Let's have him hand Iwan over the Debora's family when he's done with him!"
* '''Lampshaded''': Debora throws a NotSoDifferent speech to Hiro after delivering a MercyKill.
* '''Invoked''': Hiro deliberately breaks Iwan's limbs and throws him to Debora.
* '''Exploited''': Iwan pretended to be powerless so that Hiro would hand him over to Debora's family, where he would finish the whole masscare.
* '''Defied''': Hiro refuses to hand Iwan over to "mob justice," either killing him outright or throwing him in jail, away from those he wronged.
* '''Discussed''': "I found his tainted blood disturbing, so, do as you wish and just finish him off already!"
* '''Conversed''': "You don't have the guts to spill my blood, do you?" "Perhaps she will?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Hiro does this to dodge any thoughts of IfYouKillHimYouWillBeJustLikeHim, while still getting to enjoy seeing people like Iwan punished. [[MoralityChain Marcy]] eventually notices and calls him on this.
* '''Reconstructed''': Hiro leaves Iwan mercy of those he oppressed because it is [[KarmicDeath a far more fitting end than a random stranger killing him.]]
* '''Played For Laughs''': Iwan's victims condemn him to a FateWorseThanDeath: An involuntary makeover, [[TraumaticHaircut cutting off his hair]]!
* '''Played For Drama''':
** After being violently disarmed, Iwan tries to flee. However, Hiro and his companions deliberately herd him towards the waiting mob.
** Altenatively, Deborah's evil father kills Iwan himself, to show how dangerous he is.
Back to DoWithHimAsYouWill, hand this troper to me, we'll deal with him for you.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???