: A character staunchly refuses directions or other navigational aid, no matter how much he needs it.
- Straight: Though they've been lost for hours, Bob ignores Alice when she suggests they ask for directions.
- Exaggerated: Bob and Alice have crossed so many geological barriers that they're probably on the wrong continent by now, but Bob maintains that he doesn't need directions.
- Downplayed: Bob gets lost for fifteen minutes, since the only navigational aid he'll use is a map and the only directions he'll ask for are from Alice.
- Justified: Bob is afraid to ask for directions because they're lost in a Town with a Dark Secret.
- Bob asks for directions, and they end up lost as a result.
- Though they've been lost for hours, Alice ignores Bob when he suggests they ask for directions.
- Subverted: Bob refuses to ask for directions, but he knows he needs them, so he makes Alice ask because she's the woman.
- Double Subverted: Bob receives directions, then deliberately ignores them.
- Parodied: On a trek through the Sahara Desert, Alice and Bob find themselves at the bottom of the ocean. Bob insists that this is the right way.
- Zig Zagged: Bob refuses to ask for directions, so he makes Alice ask. Alice refuses to ask for directions, but a kindly stranger gives them directions anyway. Bob deliberately ignores this and gets even more lost, so he finally asks someone...
- Bob is a navigation robot with an infallible guidance system.
- Or he, y'know, asks for directions when he's lost.
- Enforced: Bob will never ask for directions in order to show that he's a stubborn Jerk Ass.
- Lampshaded: "I'm a man, I can't ask for directions!"
- Invoked: "He's a man, he can't ask for directions, so he'll be hopelessly lost, ahahahahaha!!"
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "I'm not going to risk getting us lost for the rest of the day. Where's somebody who can give us directions?"
- Discussed: "I haven't asked for directions since I was three; I'm not going to start now."
- Conversed: "A Bumbling Dad behind the wheel? They're gonna get lost, and he won't ask for directions."
- Implied: Bob says, "Sorry we're late, we got lost." Alice grumbles, "You mean you got lost."
- Deconstructed: Bob arrives too late with a donated organ due to his refusal to ask for directions.
- Reconstructed: Bob triple-checks his route before he starts a trip.
- Played For Laughs: Bob and Alice bicker comically while driving in circles around the exact place they're trying to go.
- Played For Drama: Bob and Alice get so badly lost they end up at an Old Dark House, where a murderer is hiding...
Back to Directionless Driver
"I don't need a link! The "Main" button is... Over there! (Heads off to the left)."