: A character rides a cool motorcycle.
- Straight: Bob rides a motorcycle that has been customized to look especially cool.
- Exaggerated: Bob's motorcycle is made of hellfire.
- Downplayed: Bob's motorcycle has a nice paint job.
- Justified: Bob makes his living as a professional motorcyclist, so he's shelled out the money for the best ride he can afford.
- Inverted: The motorcycle Bob rides is an old junker that looks terrible and performs worse.
- Bob's motorcycle looks cool standing still, but is a model notorious for its poor performance and slow speed, so it gets him no cool points among people who know their motorcycles.
- The motorcycle Bob rides would be cool—if it weren't his little sister's bike with the pink paint job and Fluttershy stickers.
- Double Subverted: Bob's customization of the bike fixed the poor performance and made it the fastest thing in the county, making both the bike and him cool again.
- Parodied: The bike is so cool that Bob is considered unworthy of riding it, and it is worshiped like unto a god.
- Zig Zagged: Bob's motorcycle looks cool, but it's an inferior model, but he's heavily customized it, but the fancy new parts break down easily, but he gets the broken parts replaced by hellfire...
- Averted: No one in the story has a motorcycle that's more cool than the average.
- Enforced: The story is appearing in a motorcycling magazine, and the editor demands that the central character (the bike)be extra cool.
- Lampshaded: "Wow, Bob, you must have spent a fortune on that customized gear train!"
- Invoked: Bob spends extra money to make sure he has the coolest motorcycle in town.
- Exploited: Bob uses his Cool Bike to impress women, and other bikers. Not necessarily in that order.
- Defied: "Bob, you can't afford that expensive model. You'll just have to use your uncle's poky rice burner."
- Discussed: "I gotta have a motorcycle! No one will think I'm cool otherwise!"
- Conversed: "Man, I'd have to save five years just to get a down payment on the bike Bob's riding in Generic Action Show."
Back to Cool Bike