: A character's clothes gets damaged, often played for Fanservice
- Straight: Bob gets into a fight and has his shirt ripped off.
- Exaggerated: When Bob goes into the fight, he's fully clothed. By the end of it, he's completely naked.
- Downplayed: Bob gets a small tear on his sleeve, but that's it.
- Justified: Bob isn't wearing armour and he's up against an opponent with a bladed weapon.
- Inverted: During the fight, Bob's opponent throws another shirt on him.
- Subverted: Bob gets his shirt ripped off in the fight, only to reveal he's got another one underneath.
- Double Subverted: Then he loses that one.
- Whenever Bob does so much as strike a pose, his shirt explodes. Whenever he walks by a branch, it tears his shirt off. He just looks that good shirtless.
- Bob gets into a fight with Don Cuchillo. He gets a rip on the sleeve of his shirt, which subsequently catches fire to reveal his rock-hard abs, complete with their own theme music
- Zig Zagged: Bob loses his shirt in the fight, but is wearing another one under it. Then later, it gets damaged, but magically fixes itself. Then he loses it anyway.
- Averted: If Bob fights at all, his clothes are unscathed throughout.
- Enforced: "Bob's our number-one Mr. Fanservice, and everyone wants to see him with his shirt off. Why don't we use this big fight as an excuse for him to lose it?"
- "Great. Bob, did you lose your shirt again? The tailor's getting annoyed with you."
- When Bob loses his shirt, he just so happens to look like he's posing, and his female teammates can be seen swooning in the background.
- Bob rips up his own shirt, just because.
- Bob is a Handsome Lech who's trying to lose his shirt so he can show off to his female teammates.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob specifically wears a shirt that's resistant to tearing.
- Discussed: "That's Bob. He tends to lose his shirt a lot, so watch out, ladies."
- Conversed: "Yeah, they're just blatantly having Bob's shirt get ripped so we can see his muscles."
- Bob's shirt was armoured, and without it, his enemy is easily able to strike a crippling blow.
- Bob gets a nasty flesh wound to go along with losing his shirt, negating most of the fan service.
- Bob goes broke from spending a fortune on clothes he barely gets to wear before fate conspires to shred them.
- Bob notices his armour is gone and adapts his tactics to accommodate for it.
- Bob explicitly wears loose, fragile clothes which tear easily, so that his enemies believe he has taken more hits than he actually has.
- Bob's opponent is female, and once he loses his shirt, he's able to defeat her easily because she's too busy ogling his abs.
Go back to Cloth
—AARGH, I ripped my pants!