: Security in video games seem to know the instant that you screw up.
- Straight: Bob robs a store and the security guards are all over him in an instant.
- Exaggerated: The moment Bob steals his Plot Coupon, fifty security guards materialize next to him.
- Downplayed: After a minute or so, a single security guard catches up to Bob.
- Justified: The security guard was staring at Bob the whole time he was in the store.
- Inverted: The security guard tries to steal something but Bob is all over him.
- Subverted: A security guard appears after five minutes only to realize that Bob is long gone.
- Double Subverted: He then breaks out his teleporter and instantly hunts down Bob.
- Parodied: Security Guards learn how to react instantly at bootcamp.
- Zig-zagged: The security guard immediately appears before Bob. He runs, but no matter where he runs, that guard will always be there.
- Averted: The security guard never shows up.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "How do security guards have such a quick reaction time?"
- Invoked: At the 500m, everyone puts their money on the security guard.
- Exploited: Lord Sinister is trying to escape the store, so Bob steals something and as the guard rushes toward him, he runs Sinister over.
- Defied: "Tie up the security guard so he can't stop us".
- Discussed: "You know, contrary to many video games, security guards aren't always that fast".
- Conversed: "Of course security guards can teleport in a shitty game like this".
- Deconstructed: The Security Guard gets whiplash from his quick response.
- Reconstructed: The next time Bob robs the store, the guard is in a neck brace.
- Played For Laughs: The store hires olympic runners for security guards.
- Played For Drama:
- The guard is injured on the way due to a trip or a hazardous object.
- Security never chases Bob, even if he murders a cluster of innocents in front of the entire guard force.
They know you've reached the end of the page. They're coming to get you. Better get back to Clairvoyant Security Force