: A character who couldn't be more hopeless with the ladies.
- Straight: He tries his hardest to get girls, but always fails miserably.
- Exaggerated: Women run away screaming as soon as he opens his mouth.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: He is really lame and repulsive - would you want to date him?
- Inverted: Kavorka Man
- Subverted: He finally scores...
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: The girl uses Imagine Spotting or telepathy to read his inflated self image, and uses an Armor-Piercing Question in response.
- Zig Zagged: He's about to score, then screws it up at the last minute. Then he rights himself and is in bed with the girl...then he screws up again. And so forth.
- Averted: He is either willfully celibate or sexually active.
- Enforced: "So we can't show sex on this show, but we need a guy who really, really wants it so we can still push the envelope!"
- Lampshaded: "Well, it's another lonely night in."
- Invoked: His friend Bob, teaching him how to dress up for a date, gives him a polyester suit and a gold chain, telling him it's the latest style.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: He's a charming handsome fellow who gets girls easily.
- Discussed: "Wow, look at his polyester suit and gold medallion...oh, damn, I made eye contact. Now he's coming this way."
- Conversed: "When will he realize that no one wants to be with him?"
- Deconstructed: His inability to get a girlfriend, coupled with his intense desire to do so, takes a heavy psychological toll on him and causes him to be unhappy for the rest of his life.
- Reconstructed: He finds a girl who actually finds his relative lameness charming, and they hit it off.
- Played For Laughs: The camera and dramatic music play him up to seem really sexy as he approaches a hot girl. But then one of the following happens:
- He opens his mouth and what he says is ridiculous; horrible pick-up line, stammer, impossibly high voice...
- The camera angle/special FX and music shut off, and we see just how tacky his outfit and style is.
- The girl blows him off. The dramatic music crashes to a halt, and we cut away to a humourous metaphor for his crushed ego.
Hey hotcakes, how about you and I go back to Casanova Wannabe
and have some fun? ...What do you mean "no"? Why are you laughing?