: Lost characters are rescued by a tribe that knows the area better.
- Straight: Alice and Bob are lost in the desert. They are found by a sheikh, who takes them back to his tent and gives them food and water.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob become honorary members of the sheikh's tribe.
- Downplayed: A couple of tribesmen drop off a map and a couple canteens of water as they pass by.
- Justified: The tribe has a strong cultural sense of Sacred Hospitality.
- The Bedouin tribe got lost, and Alice and Bob take care of them, despite being just passers-by who don't know the area.
- The Bedouin is visiting the city and doesn't know anything about it. Alice and Bob live there and rescue them.
- Double Subverted: Or so they think; he actually just went back to camp to get help for them.
- They really just want Alice to be part of the sheikh's harem.
- Alice and Bob become moochers who won't leave (and won't do anything to earn their keep), much to the ire of the Bedouins.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice and Bob don't get lost.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Hey, look! A guy on a camel! Maybe he can help us!"
- Invoked: Alice and Bob get lost in a remote and unfamiliar area.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice and Bob use a GPS and carry enough supplies (and a guide) with them, so they won't get lost or stranded.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: May involve Stranger Danger for either Alice and Bob or the tribe.
- Reconstructed: Alice and Bob are respectful of the tribe, and grateful for their assistance. The tribe is very kind to Alice and Bob, and helps them to get on their way.
Back to Bedouin Rescue Service