Playing With: Armed Legs
Basic Trope: Shoes that double as (or have mounted) weapons on it.
Back to Armed Legs
- Straight: Alice, the group's resident Kick Chick, wears a pair of boots with blades mounted on its shins.
- Exaggerated: Alice boots are Swiss Army Weapons; among its gimmicks they have a pair of retractable Katanas, submachine guns, mono-filament wire, oil spreaders, Grenade Launchers, rocket thrusters and concealed skate wheels.
- Downplayed: Alice keeps a small knife in her shoe for emergencies.
- As a good Extremity Extremist, Alice needs a weapon that adapts well to her favored fighting style.
- Alice's arms are crippled, requiring her to fight with her legs.
- Alice wants a last-resort weapon in case she gets caught or otherwise disarmed.
- Alice is a Cyborg with many weapons stored in her bionic legs.
- Subverted: Alice is seen carrying a pair of blades attached to the sides of her boots. However they are soon revealed to be a pair of standard knives that she uses on a conventional manner as emergency weapons and auxiliary tools.
- Double Subverted:
- ...But on a particularly difficult fight, Alice attaches the knives to her boots' soles as a impromptu measure to improve her kicks damage.
- Alternatively: Alice uses the knives normally... But she does happen to be wearing steel-toed cleats because she knew a fight would break out.
- Alice can kick away her shoes to hit her opponents from incredibly long distances, after which they automatically return to reattach to her feet by themselves.
- Alice's shoes shoes are stilettos.
- Zig Zagged: Alice's combat training is comprehensive enough that she can vary her fighting style based on what (if anything) is on her feet.
- Averted: Despite favoring a fighting style based on kicks, Alice doesn't wear special footwear to amplify her kicking power. In any case, a pair of resistant boots is good enough for her.
- Enforced: "It was required for every playable character on the game to have a distinctive weapon, and with this hefty amount of characters, it was matter of time before we had to give someone the boot mounted blades."
- Invoked: Alice enters to a fighting tournament where it isn't allowed to wield hand carried weapons... But the rules didn't say anything about leg mounted weapons.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Before entering a fighting tournament, a judge notices Alice's weaponized boots, so she's forced to fight barefooted to avoid having an unfair edge against other competitors.
Bob:"Alice, why does your shoe have a gun on it?"Alice: "Why doesn't yours?"
- Conversed: "I wonder if the gun ever goes off while she's running..."
- Alice's weaponry malfunctions one day leaving her paralyzed from the waist down.
- Alternatively, her footwear-centric fighting style leaves some glaringly obvious weaknesses, such as not being able to attack while in motion, that her enemies learn to exploit.
- She re-enters the team using mechanical legs and new weaponry
- Alice knows where the weaknesses in her fighting style are, and continually works to anticipate how her opponents might try to take advantage of them so that she's prepared to counter whatever they try.
Back to Armed Legs