: A person who will bring the end of the world simply by existing; the problem is that s/he is also well-known to or even the beloved of the main character.
- Straight: Rei's sweet little sister Mei is fated to destroy the world.
- Exaggerated: Mei is such a sweet girl, if not for the fact that she's a Walking Wasteland, attracts hordes of alien bugs, and is fated to destroy the galaxy.
- Downplayed: The Jinx
- Mei's soul/DNA/whatever is the key to activating the Doomsday Device.
- Mei is only half-sister to Rei, her father is an Eldritch Abomination. Even if she does nothing, Mei's simple existance causes space-dimensional distortion, breaking the wall between Earth and the Eldritch Location, bringing unspeakable terror to Earth.
- Mei is a total Jerk Ass, but since the world will end without her, everyone is forced to protect her and satisfy her callous whims.
- Mei is a Barrier Maiden— without her, evils from outside the world will destroy the world.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: After knowing that she's an Apocalypse Maiden, Mei dyes her hair pale blue and starts acting emo.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The much-feared apocalypse isn't caused by a single person.
- Enforced: "The contradiction! The drama! Let's make the hero choose between the world or her little sister!"
- Lampshaded: "Ending the world?! This little missy here? You've got to be kidding me, dude."
- Invoked: Karen, an alien from the 26th dimension trapped in this mundane world, goad Mei into destroying the world so s/he can return to his/her origin.
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz kidnaps and mind rapes Mei into becoming his puppet, effectively keeping the world hostage.
- Defied: Some pragmatic people seal Mei in a can.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Drama: Saving Mei from Karen/Evulz/the pragmatic people/her dark side and convincing her that the world is worth living, even if Humans Are Flawed.
- Implied: Rei is found centuries later without any trace of her old personality or past and her weapon was found in Mei's crypt still within her dead body. It is possible that someone stole her weapon and did it or she was forced into killing her and obliterated her own memory because of it.
Back to Apocalypse Maiden
, there might still be a chance to save both her and the world.