: Alice and Bob are about to kiss, but are stopped from doing so at the very last moment by something interrupting them.
- Straight: Alice and Bob are about to kiss, but then Alice's sister, Catherine, knocks on their front door.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob are about to kiss, but then a bus of people, a horde of cats, and an alien spaceship suddenly appear out of nowhere.
- Downplayed: A cat appears and meows. The couple is still interrupted.
- Alice and Bob are cursed with not ever being able to kiss, but they still try.
- They just had bad luck.
- Catherine was waiting for just the right moment to interrupt them, for whatever reason.
- Alice is about to argue with Bob over something, but she's interrupted.
- In the middle of doing some other thing, Alice and Bob kiss each other.
- Subverted: Alice and Bob are about to kiss, but then the phone rings. They are startled for a moment but decide to ignore it.
- Double Subverted: Until Alice's friend Jane rings the doorbell and Alice decides she should really open the door.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob have already tried to kiss for hours, but they keep getting interrupted by random and unlikely events.
- Zig Zagged: An almost-kiss between two characters is sometimes interrupted, and sometimes it isn't.
- Averted: Alice and Bob kiss without any interruption.
- Enforced: See Ship Tease.
- Lampshaded: "Why, why, why do we always fail to make out without something happening?"
- Invoked: Catherine doesn't want Bob to be Alice's boyfriend, so she is on a mission to stop them from kissing at the last minute.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice and Bob are determined to kiss and do so despite all the distractions.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Alice and Bob's inability to ever kiss strains their relationship. They begin blaming each other for not wanting the kiss to happen and eventually break up despite being perfect for each other. Both continue their lives unfulfilled and unhappy.
- Reconstructed: They meet each other again after being apart for a while, try to kiss for old time's sake, are interrupted again, and decide that it's actually pretty hilarious that this keeps happening. They get back together and live Happily Ever After.
Back to Almost Kiss