Where, oh where to begin with the horrifying imagery used in The Cell
- The boy who suddenly turns into a snarling werewolf-like creature.
- The killer's method of killing putting them in a glass tank which periodically showers them with water and stops, then turns on and doesn't stop until they drown, all while masturbating to it.
- The killer bleaching the bodies to look like dolls and masturbating whilst hanging himself above them via chains attached to piercings in his back.
- The horse getting sliced up sushi-style.
- The collection of doll-like, corpse-like women in dioramas behind glass panels, attached to crude machinery that jerks them about in grotesque, sadomasochistic, sexual poses while they moan and groan, and one of them is bound to a dentist chair with her mouth pried open.
- The giant, rubbery-looking female bodybuilder creeping silently around behind J-Lo and ambushing her when you'd think her footsteps would be thunderous.
- The demon with purple curtains attached to his back advancing down the steps and screaming at her: "WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?!"
- That's the killer, within his own mind. That's why he's so surprised to see her; she's someone he hadn't thought up himself, inside his mind.
- The scenes of child abuse with the father beating his son with a belt, calling him a faggot and burning him with an iron for playing with dolls.
- Novak being shackled down, having a hole cut in his chest and getting his intestines pulled out and spiralled around a rotisserie.
- A man getting his nipples ripped off.....by having his piercings yanked off!
- The way J-Lo entered the serial killer's mind: a cloth mask is lowered over her face and slowly, she zooms into the stitches of the cloth, until suddenly she's flying through a thicket of dodgy threadwork and nightmarish dolls jittering across her perspective. The only break from this Big Lipped Alligator Moment is when she suddenly finds herself watching the killer's baptism- which we later discover resulted in a seizure and near-drowning experience.