Nightmare Fuel / Lost Highway
"We've met before, haven't we?"
- Every scene with the Mystery Man.
Mystery Man: In the East, the Far East, when a person is sentenced to death, they're sent to a place where they can't escape, never knowing when an executioner may step up behind them, and fire a bullet into the back of their head.
- The scene where Fred finds the mystery man just....standing there. Nothing creepy, just standing there and smiling.
- There's something so inexplicably creepy about the way he randomly takes out a video camera and starts filming Fred while still talking to him.
Mystery Man: And your name.......WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR NAME?
- After seeing him so eerily calm and utterly unflappable for the entire rest of the movie, watching the Mystery Man become inexplicably enraged and shout Fred for asking a simple question is....disturbing.
- The video tapes at the beginning.
- Especially the final one, where Fred is seen eating his eviscerated wife's corpse.
- Fred's dream about Renee, where she "isn't Renee, but looks like her"
- When the lights flash after Fred returns from the party with the Mystery Man.
- Fred's hallucinations in prison.
- Mr Eddy: Her name is Alice. I swear I love that girl to death. If I ever found out someone was making out with her. I'd take this - pulls out a pistol - and shove it so far up his ass it would come out his mouth. Then you know what I'd do? I'd blow his fuckin' brains out.
- Fred's wanderings around his house at night definitely qualify. No cheap Jump Scares - Nothing Is Scarier at its best indeed.