You wanted the best, you wanted the best, you wanted the best, and you got the best! Utah Saints! U-U-U-Utah Saints!A dance band from Leeds, England comprised of Jez Willis and Tim Garbutt, Utah Saints is best described as a house duo with a rock atmosphere. They're famous for their sampling and vocal manipulation, and pretty much every single they put out charts in the British Isles. The bad part is, well...they haven't made much of their own music. In twenty years, they've only put out two albums. In the rest of that time, they've been doing remixes for everyone from the Stone Roses to Annie Lennox.As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"Trope Atlantic Guide":
- Auto-Tune: Averted awesomely. These guys mainly use older techniques like vocoders and, shockingly, their DJing equipment to create sounds Auto-Tune almost never tries to match.
- Creator Backlash: They hate the between-albums single "Ohio" - the only thing rescuing it from outright Canon Discontinuity is that they like the video.
- Multicolored Hair: Jez used to have multicolored dreadlocks in a ponytail.
- Rule of Cool: Why Tim sometimes stands on his turntable to scratch.
- Sampling: Their innovative techniques were what made them famous. When they got started, putting guitar and techno together was unheard of.
- Ur-Example: These guys were combining rave drums with guitar samples and playing festivals before big beat groups like The Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers did it.
- What Could Have Been: They were working on an album called "Wired World" around 1996, but it never got finished.